FabFilter User Forum

FL Studio 10 and Fabfilter

Weird stuff started happening when I installed some Fabfilter plugins and loaded them up in FL Studio. I'm using Pro Q, C, Timeless 2 and Twin 2.

Very often when I close my projects and load them up again, no samples or VST's are loaded and the whole sequencer freezes. Fruity just stays gray. I have no idea why this happens.

Luckily I have backups and when I load a backup from five minutes ago it usually works fine. But then the same thing happens and I go over and over the same routine again.

Also during exporting the whole thing freezes at O% from time to time.

Please note none of this has never happened before I started using Fabfilter plugins.

This is very very annoying. Could 64-bit play any role in this?

Anyone else having the same problem?

JP Saarinen

Hi JP,

Thanks for reporting this; we haven't had reports about this before. Could you try to de-install/remove the plug-ins and see if the problems still occur? This way, we can determine whether the problem is caused by our plug-ins or not...

If so, could you send us an FL project file that causes problems? Then we can try to reproduce the behaviour and see what's going on!

Thanks,

Floris (FabFilter)

After getting rid of the 64-bit ones and only having the 32-bit ones left in my project, everything works like a charm again.

So that problem was solved, I guess.

I'll report if anything unusual still happens.

JP Saarinen

I recently upgraded my pc. Everything worked fine on my old PC. However, when I loaded everything on my new PC I decided to try the 64 bit version of Timeless 2 (the only fabfilter plugin I own) because FL Studio is supposed to be able to handle 64 bit plugins. Well... The plugin worked in my first session. But when I tried to load up the program after saving it the entire thing froze. In projects where I dont use 64bit Timeless 2, I can save and re open no problem. I am also having the same problem with Valhalla Room 64 bit. So I think maybe its time to roll back to the 32 bit versions? I dunno, my Izotope Ozone 5 (64bit) seems to work fine in FL. Anywho... I'm just scratching my head here.

Steven Palacios

FLStudio is actually still a 32-bit application, so it loads 64-bit plug-ins via a so-called "bit bridge". This is usually a system to avoid because these bridges always tend to be buggy and at the very least less efficient.

Our recommendation is to always use our 32-bit plug-ins with FLStudio. You would only ever use 64-bit plug-ins in FLStudio if the plug-in needs access to more than 2 GB of memory itself: e.g. some IR reverbs and samplers may benefit from this. Unfortunately FLStudio doesn't communicate this fact clearly from its list of plug-ins. :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Im having the same problem with fabfilter 32 Bit, i made a track using ProC , i saved it and when i opened it the fl studioo stop loading plugins and crash. i nedd to repair this! if anyone can help me i will apreciate

Jomar

Hi Jomar,

Did you use VST 2 or VST 3 plugins in your session? Please try to temporarily remove FabFilter Pro-C from your plugins folder to see if FL Studio will open your session now.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik

I have the same Problem. Installed all the 64 bit Versions of the plugins. They all work fine in Samplitude but immediately crash in FL Studio (all the other 64 bit Plugins work in FL Studio)

So I also installed the 32-bit version. I only installed timeless here to try it out. With the 32-bit version I could open the timeless plugin and tweak some nobs but after a minute or so i also crashed the whole fl studio. i relaunched fl studio and the same thing happened again. so the 32-bit versions seem to just work a little longer before they crash

thanks.

Claude

Problem solved. Seems like I haven't updated the plugins directory and was still using the 64-bit version.

Works like a charm with the 32-bit.

Thanks

Claude

Great, thanks for the update!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list