FabFilter User Forum

Timeless 2 not loading in PT

Hi,

After installing the newest Total Bundle (with the purchase of the Pro-G) I have encountered a really problematic situation. In a number of older ProTools sessions, the Timeless 2 does not load correctly. I get the "Plugin not found" message from PT, and the Timeless appears on the insert slot as disabled. When I open the plugin in the same slot, it loads with all my settings from the session gone. You can imagine that this is a huge problem, especially with sessions that have few instances of the plugin in them. Trying to recall what the settings were is pretty much impossible.

It is odd that this is happening, because the plugin is of course where it was to begin with: in the plugins folder.

Furthermore, it appears that not all the instances of the Timeless 2 in sessions are affected: sometimes I will have a session with say three instances of it, and two of them will not load on session startup, but the third one will! This makes me think that this is somehow related to what settings the plugin was saved with, but honestly, I have no idea what causes this weird and very problematic behavior.

None of the other FabFiletr plugins seems to have this problem.

If anyone can offer any advice or suggestions as to whether retrieving the original session settings is possible, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
p.

piotr

Hi Piotr,

Which version of Pro Tools are you using? Do you remember which previous version of Timeless 2 you were running?

Also, could you send me a (preferably small) session file via email (using the contact link at the bottom of this page) so we can try to reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list