FabFilter User Forum

Dynamic eq

First of all, I love your plugins!! Not a day goes by without multiple instances in my sessions.

I see there have been some requests for a multiband compressor. What I would really, really like to see is a dynamic eq. Same concept, but with much more focus on the eq section in terms of frequencies, bandwidth, etc.

Basically I'd love to see the pro-q with a threshold and ratio on each band. That would be inventive, and something I would use all the time especially on vocals.

Would that be possible to manufacture?

Thanks!

Christian

Big +1 from me!

Dan Worrall

Noted! :-) Would you only need the gain to be changed dynamically, or also other parameters like Q and frequency?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

As I see it, the gain would change dynamically, and the q, ratio, and threshold would determine by how much and how wide. Also, attack and release settings on each band would be essential.

Combined with your already immaculate m/s features would make it a powerhouse of a plugin!!

Christian

Call it the Pro-D

:)

Christian

My reply just dissapeared! Will try again..

Just the gain needs to be modulated please. But ideally with any of the four dynamics types: upward or downward compression or expansion.

A range control (like on a gate) would be very handy.

And ideally I would like to be able to tune the sidechain filters independently of the EQ filters, so that one frequency can be ducked / boosted according to the dynamics of a different frequency.

Basically I want a FabFilter quality version of my own IQ4 plug:
www.kvraudio.com/get/4698.html

Dan.

Dan Worrall

I would also love to see some dynamic EQ features in Pro-Q. I've been trying to improve my mixing/mastering skills and learning how to use multiband compression, but I think I'd be able to achieve what I want more intuitively via Pro-Q if it had dynamic EQ features.

I agree with the others that only the gain would need to change dynamically. I think it would be too complicated if everything could be modulated, but who knows, there probably would be some cool applications for such features...

Adam M.

I'd also be very interested in a Dynamic EQ and/or multiband compressor. I am using them quite frequently and think you guys would do an amazing job!

Jeremy

Hi All,

A dynamic EQ and multi-band compressor are high on our wish list! :-p

Floris (FabFilter)

A dynamic EQ from FF would totally rock if you give it the filters of Volcano/Twin etc ...
The ability to add different harmonic content to different spectrum areas would make it kick a****!! :D

Mehdi

+1

Assaf Weiss

Hi,

I just saw that dynamical eq was on the which list.
When do you think you'll implement it ?
It would be fantastic to have it right with pro q (3) ??
It's the last little thing that i miss.

thanks a lot for your work

Mikael
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list