FabFilter User Forum

Twin's oscillator KB tracking

Hi,

I'm demoing Twin 2, a great synth, however I would like to know the following before I purchase.

Is there a way to turn off the oscillator keyboard tracking somehow? within my work flow that's an essential feature for creating percussive sounds.

I found, its possible to create a constant tone using self oscillation, but that way present limitations in sound design.
And, I've tried modulating the master frequency with a MIDI source, with inverted kb tracking, but to no avail.

Perhaps I overlooked something obvious?
Hopefully you guys have an answer for me!

Thank you in anticipation.

Ivan

Ivan

It is possible, but it's a bit difficult. Modulating master frequency with a MIDI source will only scale the pitch back by one semitone per octave, so you need *12* of these modulators to get a fixed pitch across the keyboard. Nonetheless, it can be done.

Bruce

Use a MIDI source with keyboard tracking, invert the slot, set the slot level to maximum, and route it to the Master Tune knob.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hey Bruce, your solution works indeed, but strangely enough with 10 modulation slots! how can that be?

And Frederik, what you are suggesting I have tried already, as a result the master tune gets scaled by 1 semitone as that is the maximum value of the modulation slot.

What am I doing wrong?

Ivan

You're right, you actually need 10 inverted modulation slots.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list