FabFilter User Forum

Twin 2 - Oscillator Tuning

Hi Guys,

Could you please add a second knob inside the oscillator detune knob (so a circle within a cirle) which allows you to tune the oscillator in semitone clicks. This will make the instruments more playable live and more musical also more user friendly.

Steinberg A1 synth is an example of a synth which does this check google images. This would be absolutely aweseome and I hope easy to do.
Cheers.

Mark

Mark

ES2 in Logic and Massive also do this.

Anybody else feel like this would be a welcome addition?

Mark

Yes, for sure. Add this function which also keeps within the Fab philosophy, keep the footprint small and optimal.

bc

Bobcat

Also a knob that does octave as well. I don't know why so many synths do the 8" 16" 32" thing its totally annoying :)

Mark

Did you know that in the latest version of Twin 2, you can double-click the detune knob and enter a value in semitones, e.g. "1 semitone" or "1 note"?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

YES! I do indeed, I have read the manual :)

I would like to be able to twist knobs while playing the synth live and also recording in automation data live. Being able to twist a octave & semitone knob will make the synth more playable live and also make it more musical. I would also live to record automation data live this way

I do this on ES2 and Massive to great effect. I know that I could just use ES2 and Massive however, I absolutely love ripping through Twin's filter on high resonance settings it screams so musically! I would love to do that while twisting a semitone and octave knob add a touch of delay and WOW :)

Mark

How about this: create a new XLFO, enable Snap (piano button), route it to the master tune knob, and set the slot level to 1. Give it just one step, set Glide to the minimum. You can now detune the oscillators in semitones by dragging the step level up or down! :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Ahhh thats fantastic. I didn't even think of that so obvious now that you told me how to do it.

Can you do this for octave increments as well some how?

Cheers Frederik great support.

Mark

After playing around for a bit it would be awesome if you could just make that 32" 16" etc drop down menu above the master tune knob in to a knob also which moves in octave increments. That way it could be twisted and played. The drop down menu is not very useful.

Cheers guys.

Mark
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list