FabFilter User Forum

FabFilter Volcano 1.1 update released

Today we have released FabFilter Volcano 1.1, which adds some important new features. Download it and check it out!

FabFilter

Hi and congratulations on a great sounding filter.

I just downloaded the demo and am wondering how the midi triggered LFO envelope generator are engaged. I tried clicking on the midi button between the trigger and attack knobs in the EG section and also in the LFO sections but it doesn't seem to operating as I thought it might. The LFO doesn't begin it's cycle with the midi note on message and the EG doesn't seem to trigger at all. Disengaging the midi button to just have it triggered by the signal still works fine by the way.

I'm using the audiounit in DP 4.52.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding how it's meant to work.

Cheers.

Bill.

Bill

This is a great update! But I still have the problem with CPU spikes. Typical usage on my computer is 8-9% but often there is a cpu spike which totally freezes my computer for some seconds. I think it only occurs when I change parameters, but I am not sure. I'm using Ableton Live 4.1.4.

I just bought Fabfilter One, and I am buying Volcano as soon as this bug is fixed.

jah

Jah, please send us an e-mail so we ask you some questions about the CPU spikes! thanks!

Hi Bill,

About you MIDI problem. First of all: are you sure the plugin is receiving any midi at all? (In some hosts, it takes some effect to actually route midi signal to effect plugins).

You can see whether the plug-in is receiving midi when the light in the midi section flashes (when midi controller messages are received, like the mod-wheel). Of course, the midi switch must be set to 'enabled'.

Cheers,

Hi Floris. Yes, you were correct. I hadn't set up up DP to route midi data to Volcano. Stupid me was treating it just like an instrument.

However, midi triggering does seem to be limited in that if I play a second note before releasing the first note it won't trigger for the second note. It seems like Volcano needs to see a note off before it will recognise another note on. Am I making sense? This makes it less usable as a filter section to follow a synth for me.

Is their any way to make Volcano just recognise note ons and retrigger even if it hasn't completed a whole envelope sequence?

You'd have my money in an instant if it could do this (you might get it anyway, but let's see).

Thanks.

Bill.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Well, your are right. The EG is triggered by the first note-on and released on the last note-off. We have also tried the approach that you propose, but in the end we chose for the current implementation, which seemed to work best in most cases (for example when you play chords with one hand and individual notes with the other).

Cheers,

Would you perhaps consider providing the user with an option to choose the behavior of the envelope as was mentioned earlier? Again great product! Keep up the great work!

Jaime Newman

Thanks Floris. I would second Jaime's request for an option to select the type of envelope behaviour.

1.2 maybe?

Bill

Bill

What did the first version of the Volcano, Timeless and Twin plug-in look like?

Pentalogue
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list