FabFilter User Forum

How to side chain Pro-C in FL 9?

How do you set up a side chain with the Pro-C gain in FL? I'd like to link the Pro-C's gain with a function on another plugin. Thank you.

Preston

In FL Studio 9, you can use the VST 3 version of Pro-C to set up side-chaining. First, you need to make sure that the side-chain source channel is in the Mixer (by routing it to an insert). Say it is insert 1, and insert 2 contains the Pro-C instance (VST 3 version).

Select insert 1 in the mixer, and then right-click on the send icon for insert 2 in the mixer, and choose Sidechain to this track in the menu. Next, open Pro-C, click on the Wrapping settings icon in the top-left corner, go to Processing, and select '1' as the source for the Stereo Side Chain input. Click on the Wrapping settings icon again to go back to the Pro-C interface. Open the Expert panel and click 'Ext' to enable the external side chain here. Done!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Your directions seem solid. But for some reason I cannot select '1' for the Stereo Side Chain under connections in the Wrapper. The numbers wont budge?

After I successfully configure the Wrapper, how would one go about linking the Pro-C to another a knob/plugin ect?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Preston

You need to first select channel 1 in the Mixer, and right-click on the small send effect button under the slider for the channel that Pro-C is on (channel 2 in the example) and select 'Side chain to this track'.

What do you mean with 'linking Pro-C to a knob/channel?'

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I've followed the directions precisely (using FL 9), but the 'Ext' never becomes a selectable option...can't figure this out?

Wes

Sorted with SC...but not ducking at all. The only way I hear the SC channel is with
'Audition' option.

Wes

actually it work pretty good, but it just compressing the kick also

skunkhaze
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list