FabFilter User Forum

Using Fabfilter plugs in an USB drive

Hello, I'm demoing few Fabfilter plugins and I'm wondering if I can install them on a USB (or copy the dll), plug the USB in any PC and use your plugins with the host contained in the same USB drive. Can I do this? This is a condition before I buy any plugin.

Thanks you

Juan

Hi Juan,

Yes, you could do that: our plug-ins are self-contained and only need their own .DLL file to run.

However, license information is stored in the registry, so you will need to re-enter that on each new computer that you use the plug-ins on.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Ok!

Then I need you help me, can you please extend my trial period for Twin2? I tested it few months ago, but I'd like to try it again. 3 days will be enough. My email address is liquidproj3ct [at] gmail [ddot] com

Juan

And, how can I delete registry key? I don't want that anyone can install a Fabfilter plugin demo and use my license!

Juan

Hi Juan,

I've sent you an evaluation extension by e-mail. The license keys are stored in the Windows registry, in the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FabFilter\<plugin name>\<version>.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

hello, where can i find the keys on a mac ?

kind regards,

Camilo

Camilo

Hi Camilo,

This is actually very old advice. We've now added a Deauthorize command to the Help menu on every plug-in that lets you easily remove the license key on a computer. See here for more information:
www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-q/purchase/license

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list