FabFilter User Forum

Midi Learn in Timeless 2

I'm using Sonar PE 8.5 and a nanoKontrol from Korg and no matter what I've tried I cannot get Timeless2 to see the incoming midi from the nanoKontrol when trying to get it to "midi learn" and bind to a knob on the nano. Also the little balloon that is supposed to show the cc just shows a dash when midi learn is activated and a control is selected. How do I get Timeless2 to midi learn like it says in the manual??

Doghouse

It sounds like Sonar isn't sending MIDI events to Timeless 2. I don't have a copy of Sonar here to test with at the moment, but there should be some way to indicate that you want MIDI events sent to a particular Timeless 2 instance.

The light in the lower-left corner in Timeless 2's interface will light up whenever it receives a MIDI event. Also, check that MIDI is enabled within Timeless 2: click on the arrow button next to MIDI Learn and check that the first item reads 'Disable MIDI'.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I had the same problem in Cubase 4. I fooled around with all sorts of settings until I finally solved it. It turned out, that somehow, midi learn did not work when I used the VST3 version of Timeless. It all worked well, as written in the manual, when I used the VST2 version of the plug.

So I don't know if Sonar supports VST3 technology, but if so you could try my solution, maybe it will work.

Akazi Shabur

MIDI learn does work with the VST 3 version of Timeless 2, you just have to make sure to route MIDI events to the plug-in. In Cubase, you do this by creating a MIDI track and setting its output to the desired effect plug-in.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list