FabFilter User Forum

Volcano 2 XLFO fine-tuning

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to maually input the frequency of the XLFOs in Volcano 2 (when in free mode)? Fine-tuning with the shift key down is pretty damn acurate, but doesn't quite cut it for what I need to do. I'm trying to get the rate to 16th triplets @ 71bpm, which comes to exactly 7.10Hz. The closest I can get is 7.103Hz which is oh-so close, but ultimately goes out of sync eventually. Any help appreciated, thanks!

bittripper

Hi bittripper,

With the upcoming x64 updates, all our plug-ins will also have direct text input for parameters. So then you will be able to just double+click the frequency knob and input a value!

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

Great to hear that!
Can't wait to have them in my hand ... Any other new features you can let us know?? (mainly interested in twin2 news)

Mehdi

Nice one! Will be a very handy feature. I guess i'll just have to find a 'creative' solution for the minute though..

Cheers :)

bittripper

Twin 2 will get keyboard entry as well, plus finally readout (and entry) of detune values in notes/cents instead of octaves.

Regarding your XLFO problem: can't you set your host to 71 bpm and sync the XLFO to the host tempo? Note also that if sync is enabled, the frequency knob changes into an 'offset' knob that lets you change the frequency relative to the host tempo. This might let you achieve what you want in an easier way.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list