FabFilter User Forum

FabFilter One 2?

Hi FabFilter,

I'm a big fan of simplicity. I use FabFilter Twin, but I haven't updated to Twin 2, because I prefer the one-screen overview of the earlier version. In fact, many times I prefer just using FabFilter One.
Which leads me to my question - are you bring out an updated FabFilter One? It wouldn't need much, perhaps an updated UI, and some tweaked features.
At the top of my list would be a basic sub-oscillator, maybe a detuned saw waveform or a chorus, a one-shot mode for the LFO, and one or two more filter models (I'm partial to the Raw and Tube ones).
A few things from One could go - like Hold in the EG, and the Noise option in the Waveform selector.

That would definitely make the FabFilter One 2 my go-to plugin!

Mathias Tornqvist

Hi Mathias,

If you to Help -> About to your FabFilter One you can see that One is already at version 3.10 ;)

But I do share your wishes and I would love a new version of FabFilter One with new features

:)

kreativsounds

Aha, note that I didn't call it FabFilter One 2.0! I was just sticking with the "FabFilter Twin 2" naming convention.
Perhaps it should be called FabFilter One SuperModernSpecialPlus.
As a fan of simplicity, what changes would you like to see in FabFilter One?

Mathias Tornqvist

I'm also a big fan of One, and even though I recently bought Twin 2, I still find myself reaching for One more often. It's so much easier to come up with any sound you imagine (considering One's toolkit of course).

So, yeah, there are some things that I miss. I'd love a sub-oscillator and a few more filter modes. I don't know if Raw and Tube would be right though, as Mathias suggest, because they have the rough character of the original One filter. Perhaps some of the cleaner and gentler modes from Twin 2 would notch up the synth's versatility.

Oh, and please, faster envelopes! I think the shortest time is about 30 ms which may be too much for some patches, especially percussive ones.

Angel

We'll think about it, but we're careful with adding new features to FabFilter One because we don't want to change its simple nature by adding too many new options...

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Absolutely, minimalism is the key!
That said, there are a lot of things that can be done to increase versatility without cluttering the UI. In fact, some aspect could even be simplified further than they already are.

Mathias Tornqvist

oh my other people who share my thoughts about a sub oscillator!

a sub oscillator with detune and the same waveforms as the first are all it needs :) otherwise its perfect. And a mix knob of course.

FabMan
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list