FabFilter User Forum

MIDI Learn - Volcano 2 LFO divisions

I would like to control the beat division selection for LFOs using a MIDI foot controller. Specifically I'd like to toggle between 1/2 and 1/4.

I was hoping I could assign a modwheel (expression pedal on CC#8) to that control, then somehow scale or constrain it within Volcano 2 to have a min/max value for those two choices in the program.

Alternatively I suppose I can setup the foot controller to simply output CC#8=<value> on one press, and CC#8=<different value> when released. However, I don't see in the documentation where the LFO division values are presented.

I guess I'm answering my own questions here. I'll just do some sort of MIDI monitor to expose the data and see at what point each division is controlled.

And now I thank myself for my own help. Sometimes it all makes sense when trying to explain it to someone else. :)

Potential User

Hi!

... yes, you kind of answered your own question there :-) You can indeed use a foot controller and make it send specific values.

Here's a list with MIDI controller values to set the Sync parameter's values (in the range of 1...127)

Free = 5
16 = 16
8 = 26
4 = 37
2 = 48
1 = 58
1/2 = 69
1/4 = 79
1/8 = 90
1/16 = 101
1/32 = 111
1/64 = 122