FabFilter User Forum

Happy New year - 2010 Plans ? yourPlans for 2010

Happy New year to The Whole Fabfilter team

So I was just wondering what you guys will have Planed for 2010

I Guess the Native 64 bit versions of all Plugins

But what more can we expect from you guys in 2010 ???

Dj Ravix

Hi DJ Ravix,

Happy new year to you too, and to all others here as well! :-)

We're already very far wirh developing 64 bit versions of our plug-ins; you can definitely expect an update release for that in the first half of 2010!

Futhermore, in 2010 we will try to expand our range of plug-ins, developing not only more tools for our 'pro' range, but als new tools in the 'creative' and 'basic' catagories!

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

I smell a nice sampler, reverb and distortion unit here..! ;)

Happy new year!

Jovas

Well Can you guys give A Hint Of What kind of Plugins are Planed for the near future ???
Or will you reveal new stuff at this years Winter NAMM ???

Dj Ravix

I would love a fabfilter one with the possibilities to play samples in the oscillator.

R-win

I was gonna start a thread asking about the possibility of new FabFilter products for 2010 but then I saw this thread.

Really looking forward to seeing what you guys have lined up. :)

My FabFilter wishlist:

A Reverb.
A Tape Saturation plug in.
A new Synth with a different synthesis type to Twin or One.
Modulation plug-ins (chorus, phaser etc).

Honestly I would be happy to use just Cubase 5 and my FabFilter plugs and nothing else! If you added the ones above it would be heaven. :D

Dave Glynn

I would love to see some sort of a drum sample player. Probably a sampler similar to Battery 3 but with the Fabfilter twist to it. Something intuitive, pleasant on the eyes and with character.

Battery is good but I've been using it since V1 and would like something new now.

I didn't really like Guru, and Kontakt I use for other sampling purposes. I think for drums it take a bit more time for me to set it up as opposed to Battery.
So, yeah... a new Fabfilter Samplon would be cool :D

Akazi Shabur

@ R-win
That sounds really Impressive
Specially when it would be Like A Real Sampler or Drum Sampler

@ Dave Glynn
I Like the Idea of A Tape Saturation plug in and A new Synth (some thing different than One & Twin)
A Reverb Might be nice to but I already have the Basic Cubase 5 Reverbs And Also RP-Verb So it must be really something different (RP-Verb & Timeless Combined On A FX Channel is A Wicked Combination)

@ Akazi Shabur
I currently use Groove Agent One A lot
However if they stick A Nice FX section into it because that is Probably FF's Strongest Part in the Audio World

I hope they might also Think about Plugins Idea's that are actually Quite unique and different from all the stuff that is already out there

I am Already Happy to hear that you are trying to get the Native 64 Bit versions Released within the Next few months (Let us Know How the tests are Going)

Dj Ravix

It's nice to hear that FabFilter is going to continue developing the so called "basic" plugins. There's quite a lot of amazing sounding complex synths on market but when it comes to something simple yet effective and useful there's almost only one (at least for me) - FabFilter One. :-)

Pavel Nezamayev

I think a drum sampler or a reverb is pretty far from what Fabfilter does; filtering, modulation, and a particular sound that I would describe as just barely soft-focus. Think of the plugins they make; the finest software eq I've found, a great compressor, a delay and virtual analog synth w/ fantastic filters and innovative modulation- what would those strengths apply themselves to?

Based on what they already do well:
-A dedicated tape saturation would be interesting, not many companies make them.
-Along those lines they could make a great distortion/soft saturator/overdrive. Tons of people make them, they almost all sound like a heavy metal guitar pedal.
-I could see them doing a great modulation plugin (chorus/phaser/doubling/flange/etc.) Once again, a lot of companies modulation plugins sound like cliche Boss guitar pedals, lacking the depth of something like Moogerfooger pedals.

If you've heard Soundtoys plugins you know what I mean. Fabfilter obviously have a different sound but are up at that level in my opinion. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

Brendan

+1 for a basic smooth saturation plug-in!

Joost

For basic smooth saturation you guys should really check out Bootsys Ferric TDS plugin.
Variety of sound dot wordpress dot com .
Oh and it's totally free!

Akazi Shabur

FerricTDS is all good but PC only.

By the way it would be nice if FabFilter develope a multi-band distortion module like Steinberg QuadraFuzz or D16 Devastor. These things are sooo useful!

Pavel Nezamayev

I agree completely about the distortion - there seems a lot of room for Fab Filter to lead the way with this as it's quite an empty market really in comparison with things like delays / compressors etc. - I'm currently looking at getting ohmicide or izotope trash but both are quite old and neither are quite as intuitive or have the consistent quality of the fabfilter stuff...If you had 10 really quality but diverse distortion algorhythms I would definately buy a fab filter distortion effect instead, as would many others I reckon! Please say one is in the pipeline!!

Markus

Thanks for all the feedback! We're certainly taking note. :-)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list