FabFilter User Forum

Volcano - No animation?

I've been using Volcano 2 for a while now and love it.

However, am I missing something? Surely the modulation should animate the filter cutoff/gain etc. I can't convince myself that it's not animated. It is such an obvious feature.
I know you can just listen and adjust accordingly, but I really think it would help to have the visual feedback.

Please tell me I'm just stupid. If not, please animate the modulation!

lowercaser

We've experimented with this, but found that it made the interface very busy and didn't really improve the total usability, so we decided to leave it out.

We have improved modulation feedback when developing Twin 2 and Timeless 2 and are looking to also incorporate this system in future updates of Volcano, though.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I agree. Check out Tone2 FilterBank 2. The visual display of what the filter is doing is EXTREMELY excellent. Particular for a novice.

If animation is a particular CPU hog simply make it an option you can quickly toggle on/off. You really only need it while constructing the filter.

Potential User

in the end its about what you hear and not about what you see but it looks really fun in fxpansions dcam synth squad =D

R-win
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list