FabFilter User Forum

timeless saturation

Hi guys,

I would like to use timeless as a typical tape delay, but I have difficulties in obtaining a nice saturated sound. Is there a way to saturate the sound a little more each time it is repeated. TAL-DUB-II has a very nice way to do this and I would like to see something similar in Timeless.

Regards,

Seppe

Seppe

I think what you're talking about is the Drive setting in Taldub and the fact that the cutoff filter + resonance setting can get really nasty (musically speaking).
Similar to Drive on TalDub is amping up the input level of Timeless to overdrive the filter stage. Once you get a feedback loop going, the characteristics of the filter stage will keep reenforcing themselves and you'll get your sweet, trippy dubby goodness.
You'll likely want to attenuate your output level to compensate for the extra input gain, just so you know.

Hope that helps!

Jonathan Sorge

You can easily do this even without using heavy resonance settings on the filters. You could assign an envelope follower to control input drive so that as long as there is no input signal the drive is quite high, causing a driven feedback loop.

As soon as there is new audio, the drive would go down to normal levels so that the sounds aren't overdriven right from the beginning.

That's the cool thing with Timeless. Only your imagination is the limit as it can pull off nearly every trick. :)

Cheers!

bManic

Reply to this topic: