FabFilter User Forum

Volcano 2 lacking two Automatable Controls?

there seems to be 2 lacking features on Volcano2 when you try to manually control the plugin.

In this case i'm using Cubase 4 Quick Controls to control Volcano2.

There are 2 controls which are missing from the list of automatable controls of Volcano2 and i don't know their names.. but i can describe them:

If you have 2 Filters activated and they are linked, you will see a small dot with a handcuff icon inside it between the filters. this dot allows you to control multiple filters with the mouse.

I noticed that when i activate the "MIDI Learn" function on Volcano2, i get 2 assignable controls over this "Linking DOT" one for horizontal movement and the other for vertical moviment.

Sure i could control both of these via MIDI Learn.

But i wanted to control them also via Cubase's Quick Controls... which is far more easier than setting up an extra MIDI Channel for Volcano2 and i also can save a track preset for that.

here's the thing: i can't find these horizontal and vertical controls for that DOT on the list of Volcano2 Automatable Controls. Either if i browse through Cubase's Quick Controls or the Automation Track.. why is that?
Is that dot supposed to work only in MIDI Learn mode or can i manually assign and control it?

Thank You,

Renan L.B

Renan L.B

Hi Renan,

The link dot doesn't directly correspond to a single parameter, that's why it doesn't appear. Its meaning changes depending on how you set up the linking of the filters.

MIDI learn is the only way for now in Volcano 2 as far as I can see.

Of course, you can still automate the link dot from Volcano's interface: this will record automation for all associated filter parameters.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: