FabFilter User Forum

live 8.01 shutdown whith twin2

Big problem with the last version of ableton live 8.
Ableton shutdown often when i try to modify some parameters in twin2, espacialy when i play on my keyboard and i try to change a parameter
(everything, a filter parameter, miditrig, sidechain...)

fab

Precision: problem on mac

fab

Thanks for reporting this issue! I've tried to reproduce the problem here, but I can't get Live 8 to crash;

Could you give us some more details: which preset are you using when Twin 2 crashes? Have you recorded automation? And could you give us some details about your Mac and OS?

Thanks,

Floris (FabFilter)

Configuration:
Imac intel (macos )10.5.6

Live crashed after a few minutes.
exemple: I play on my keyboard (novation remote). I try to modify an XLFO, I put with my mouse on the button miditrigger.
Ableton crashed after 3 seconds:
I reload live, with the same operation everything is OK. I make a new XLFO, I put on miditrigger, live crashed.
I reload live, I play a few minutes, I make a new enveloppe generator , I put on the sidechain: Live crashed:

Now on macbook alu (macos: 10.5.6)

I play with a korg nanokey a few minutes, I put in the miditrigger of the XLFO, live crashed.
I reload and play with some parameters. I activate the first delay, live crashed.

fab

The same here with Timeless1, Timeless2, Twin2, Volcano2.

Fabfilter AU Versions sometimes Crash Live 801, 802, 803b
when I change Parameters in Fabfilter AU PlugIns.
No Problem with VST Version.
No Problems with AU Versions in LogicPro802.

Alex

Hi Alex,

We investigated Fab's bug report around May 5, and from the crash log he sent us, it seemed that the crash didn't happen inside one of the FabFilter plugs, but inside one of Ableton's processes, pointing in the direction of a bug on their side. (We can't say that for sure however!)

Are you also changing the parameters via a MIDI controller, like Fab? Which one are you using? If you get a crash log from OS X, please e-mail it to us so we can take a look at it!

Thanks,

Floris (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: