FabFilter User Forum

Timeless 3 add variable pitch shift when time delay change

Hi,

For the next timeless version could you add a param to set the time need to reach the delay time selected ?

With this we can create FX like Pioneer spiral where the change between to delay time pitch bend up/down

Ideally for this new param with 8000ms or more is OK and if you can extend the ms delay time to 30000ms it coule ne very nice.

Thanks

Mickael

Hi Mickael,

Maybe this is possible by modulating the delay time with an XLFO? Or you can just dial it in using automation.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi Ralph,

It is not exactly this type of fx I want to accomplish with your tips.

Actually when I select the tape for Read Mode button, there is no parameter to adjust the time between to different delay value.

Example: If I select 1/2 note and after I select 1/8 note I hear this tape like pitch drift effect but it is very short. It is on this time I would want to act with a new knod with range from 1ms to 30000ms for example.

My main daw is Ableton and on the stock Echo effect device setting has added to the repitch mode (or tape mode for timeless) and you can adjust the time. The param name is "smoothing time". The only problem for now is the range of time is to short 10ms to 1000ms.

Thanks

Mickael

mickael

Reply to this topic: