FabFilter User Forum

View sizes not saving on ProTools restart

So I have a few instances of ProQ3 always up on a separate monitor monitoring my final dialogue and music stems but each time I restart ProTools their display setting of mini switches to large. I've saved them with their own presets and saved a window configuration in ProTools but it still is not saving. Is there a way to fix this?

Chris Testa

Hi Chris,

That's strange. The window size should be saved with the plug-in. All new plug-ins will use the window size used in the latest instance of the plug-in, but instances already inserted should recall the size that they used last. Unfortunately the window size is not stored in a preset or window configuration.

Does this also happen when you re-open projects or just on new projects or when opening a template?

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hey Ralph,

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to have to double check that but I believe it happens each time. Let me do a couple of tests to see exactly when it might be happening and I'll get back. thank you.

Chris Testa

So I finally got the chance to try some things. Actually everything worked. I tried opening sessions and quitting ProTools and re-opening and all fine, creating from a template, all fine... so I'm not sure. I think the window configuration may do some sort of size change when I get it from someone I'm working with who is working on a different display set. Like it adjusts for his and then he sends that to me and it brings up his last display setting? Honestly I'm not sure. I can test that but otherwise it seems to be working which is great.

Chris Testa

Reply to this topic: