FabFilter User Forum

Match EQ (FabFilter Pro Q3) and Davinci Resolve v18 (Fairlight)

Hi, I'm desperately needing help setting up Match EQ in FabFilter Pro-Q 3 in Davinci Resolve v18 (Fairlight).

I am not an audiophile but have some competency as I do edit audio as part of video editing (conferences generally, so lots of dialogue). I often amend existing videos with small additions that are recorded some time after the original footage, either with the same mic and location, or different mic and different location. I'm wanting to make the new additions sound as close to the original content as possible.

I also have Izotope RX 8.

I've purchased FabFilter Pro-Q 3 and scoured the internet to find a tutorial on how to set it up in Davinci Resolve, without luck. This thread is the closest I’ve come: forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149360.

1. Ideally I would use the sidechain feature in Match EQ, as this seems simplest, however I can't get sidechaining to work?? Perhaps sidechaining isn’t possible for FabFilter and Davinci??

2. But I would be content if I could just get Reference Spectrum to work, but can't either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I’m running iMac OS 12.6 Monterey; Davinci Resolve Studio 18.5; FabFilter Pro-Q 3 (2.4)

James P.

I included the worng link to a discussion about Match EQ-- this is the correct thread: forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=119121&hilit=fabfilter+pro+q+match+eq

James P.

Reply to this topic: