FabFilter User Forum

Empty Fabfilter Pro-C 2 windows

I am having trouble with my recent purchase of Fabfilter Pro-C 2. After having set up a compression, and got it working, and then re-opening the project later, I open the Fabfilter Pro-C 2 window and it is empty. The black area at the top is all that is visible, with three lines of controls: the track number and title, the line with the power button on the left, and the line with the Sidechain source. Everything else in the window is missing!

I have tried everything I can think of: closing and reopening the window, moving other windows on top trying to force it to refresh, etc, but I think this is more than a screen refresh issue. I think the plug-in may be malfunctioning. I say because my project music is not playing properly when I leave the plug in on. When I click the power button to turn it off, the music plays as expected. When I try to close the window, the DAW freezes up.

I am using Mixcraft. I have tried both the final version of Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, and the new 10.1 release of Mixcraft 10, and the same problem seems to be there on both. I am really discouraged as I just learned how to use the product, and I finally understand compression, thanks to your tutorials and excellent product.

I hope you have some idea what is causing this. I checked the downloads, and I do seem to have the latest version, ffproc217x64. I purchased the product just two months ago, on July 24th.

Finally, this seems to only occur when I am using the sidechain feature. This may be a coincidence as I am adding sidechain compression to some products I am working on now.

Thank you for any help you can provide with this problem.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Which host and OS are you using?

Can you try to disable graphics acceleration?
www.fabfilter.com/support/faq#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Frederick,

The OS is Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2. I have tried this on Mixcraft 9 (the final build), and Mixcraft 10.1 (the current build).

I assume when you asked for host you were asking about the DAW. Please let me know if you need further information.

I will investigate disabling graphics acceleration.

Thank you for your help with this.

Glenn

Glenn

So far, after disabling graphics acceleration, I have not seen another crash like the ones I described earlier.

In Mixcraft 10, everything seems to work normally with graphics acceleration turned off. In Mixcraft 9, however, the compressor functions, but the display of the graphs and the degree of reduction shown in real time no longer works. It either starts to show the information and then freezes, or shows it, but the display is jerky and lags the music. When the instrument being compressed is finishing the last note, the display catches up.

Glenn

Glenn

Reply to this topic: