FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 3 Crashes Pro Tools

I have been getting routine program crashes when trying to:

• open existing Pro-Q 3 plugins in a previously saved session
• create a new session and populate an insert with Pro-Q 3.

I sent a crash log to tech support this morning but haven’t heard back. Please advise I’m dead in the water without a solution to this.

Chris Waldrep

I was having the same problem and left out in the cold good luck!

thepurplebass

We're working on this problem, please send your crash reports and a detailed description of your setup to us via email.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

For now, if anyone experiences this issue, you can downgrade to version 3.21, using this installer:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/ffproq321.dmg

Floris (FabFilter)

***RESOLVED***

After some laser-guided back and forth assistance from co-founder Floris Klinkert, this issue was given an immediate terminal fix and eventually we got to a new version of Pro Q3 which appears to have fixed the issue entirely - I am no longer able to force the crash under any circumstances and haven't had any issues since.

They were also kind enough to gift me with some free plugins because I managed to hang in there and dig down into the underlying issue in my terminal which as someone with zero development experience was new and in some instances somewhat challenging for me, but turned out to be essential in reproducing the error with my exact setup.

Thank you Floris and the FabFilter team - I wish everybody put half as much effort into their tech support as you guys do.

Chris Waldrep

Reply to this topic: