FabFilter User Forum

Cubase crashes when displaying 2 FabFilter plugins

Hello there,

I'm encountering a weird problem. Whenever I display two or more FabFilter plugins at the same time, the DAW crashes within seconds. The issue is 100% reproducible on my system, the crash occurs every single time, precisely in that situation. Everything else works perfectly otherwise.

I'm using Cubase Pro 12 on Windows 10 64-bit, i7 13700K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 4070 Ti, all drivers up to date.

I narrowed the issue to some kind of graphic rendering problem only affecting FabFilter plugins. From what I've tested, no other plugin is concerned, including those using OpenGL.

The only workaround I've found so far going through the forums is to disable graphics acceleration in the registry editor for FabFilter plugins, at the expense of smoothness - the UI now looks and feels laggy, but at least it doesn't crash. 

Am I the only one experiencing this or anything similar ? Looking for any input to help solving the problem. I can also provide my crash dmp logs if needed.

Cheers

DLB

Exact same issue here. Crash in both Reaper and Nuendo. Did it got fix eventually?

Jun

These crashes are caused by the graphics driver so we unfortunately have no control over that. One thing that did help NVIDIA users in the past is to disable "Threaded optimization" in the display driver control panel. See here:
devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/780465/opengl/nvidia-driver-threaded-optimization-

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: