FabFilter User Forum

Native Apple Silicon (M1/M2/M2 Pro) support with native Apple Silicon Pro Tools?

Do you have a schedule for when C2 and Q3 will be native Apple Silicon plugins, so they will work with Pro Tools 2022.12 in native mode?

I have tried downloading the current versions as of today (Feb 7, 2023), and the Pro Tools 2022.12.0.326 loader still names them as incompatible in native mode, and will not allow them to be used.

Thanks in advance for any info on these updates,

Joel

Joel

Hi Joel,

We've made a temporary build with AAX Apple Silicon support available here:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/test/aaxm1/fftotalbundle.dmg

Note: all plug-in versions in this bundle are equal to the versions available on the public /download section. The only addition is native AAX Apple Silicon support. This Total Bundle still contains Twin 2; the separate Twin 3 installer includes Apple Silicon support.

We will soon officially update all plug-ins of course.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thank you for this link !
It's working on the latest version of PT silicon version

Mati Schwartz

It's been a while since you posted the Beta native version. I've been waiting for the official release. I there a good reason to hold off till then? Any known gotchas in the Beta?

Thanks!

Joe

Joe Shepard

We're working on a general update for all plug-ins, which will be released very soon. Apart from AAX Apple Silicon support, it fill feature a lot more small improvements and bug fixes :-)

Floris (FabFilter)

We've released the updates with Apple Silicon support for AAX officially today:
www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Great, thanks for this update. Works great on my end.
Cheers,
Jan

Jan

Reply to this topic: