FabFilter User Forum

Live frequency display - what am I missing?

I use 4 FF products. For some reason, the live display during playback is not working at this time. I've had this happen before, and I've not figured out what seems to turn it off or back on.

So, for more context, let's take Pro-Q3 for example. I'm used to looking at the frequency response as I adjust things, but nothing other than the setting themselves are being displayed. Adjustments are impacting the sounds, but I can't see the waveform so I'm not getting the visual hint on peaks or the full degree of impact of my adjustments. I'm sure people with far more experience than just hear it without the need to see it, but it helps me find what I need to do much more quickly.

This is for a stack I have set up in Audition. Indeed, it's brought up via a Audition preset I established months ago. I feel like I'm missing something stupid obvious, but, by definition, I'm not seeing it.

Rob

Hello,

I have the same problem that you described. It works perfectly last time I used it on 31 dec. Frequency is not displayed but adjustment is impacting the sound.
I have a macbook air M2, does it come from an OS update ?

Gilles

Probably not from an update, as it has happened to me before and worked afterward. Interestingly enough, I am also running an M2, although that is probably a notable percentage of the plug-in using market.

I may need to jump through the hoops of installing on another box (an Intel based Mac and/or a Windows box) to get more of a feel for situations in which this happens, but it's frustrating. This is easily my favorite EQ, but the lack of waveform reduces it from awesomeness to flying blind.

Rob

I found my own "sorta" solution.

In an almost Windows like experience, I rebooted my Mac and the display came back - for now. This is a recurring problem, so I don't expect the fix to last long. A long-term reason/solution would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Hi Rob,

If this happens again, could you try disabling graphics acceleration:

www.fabfilter.com/support/faq#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: