FabFilter User Forum

licenses

Hi,
I can buy ff prQ3 from someone who stops his recording business. After buying, he would give me his license code and that's it. At this very moment I have no account yet.

At this very moment I have no account yet.

Is this procedure OK? Do I just need his license code. Does the seller has to do something on his account. Will I be sure that I will be the only user of the plug-in, can I activate the license on my name without having an account yet?

Thanks for your advice. Koen

PS
I tried to read your info about transferring licenses on the web via FAQ but it seems one needs an account to reach that info.
clicking for more infor on help in this page
www.fabfilter.com/support/faq#i-would-like-to-sell-and-transfer-my-plug-in-license-to-another-user-is-that-possible
brongs you nowhere without accouny.

Koen

Hi Koen,

When you purchase a used license from somebody else, please use a license transfer. This way the licenses will be transferred to your personal account, which will be created during the transfer. You will get your own, unique license key. Please do not purchase a license where the seller simply sends you the license key. This way the seller can sell and send the license key to different buyers. You can only properly own a license when you have it registered to an account on our website.

Cheers,

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: