FabFilter User Forum

Ambisonic Support

Hello!

I work in video game development with the dawn of 3D Audio heavily upon us, I find myself authoring ambisonic content more often these days now. We often author our own Impulse Responses as well, and it would be great to be able to use Pro-R or Timeless in an Ambisonic channel configuration, but even just quad, surround, or 7.1.4 would be great first step!

-Blake

Blake

Hi Blake,

Thanks for your post. 3D Audio is upon us indeed! I can't make any concrete announcements but we're definitely aware of all the current developments... ;-)

Maarten (FabFilter)

Pro-R capable of utilizing custom impulse responses? Sounds good to me. I've been requesting something like this from FabFilter for a couple of years.

Timothy Brown

@Maarten, +1 on Blake's request. Is FabFilter only going to support Atmos because the current lack of support for ambisonic channel widths is what's been keeping my studio from buying more of your plug-ins? We're huge Pro-Q 3 fans though <3! Thanks

Jean-Pascal Beaudoin

Up to now, we focused on traditional surround formats and Dolby Atmos since it seems to be becoming the standard. We'll investigate the possibility of Ambisonics support though!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: