FabFilter User Forum

Apple M1 iPad Pro 12.9” - ‘Home-button-line’ blocks FF expanded view, bottom line tools.

As title - having just bought the entire suite of Fabfilter plugins on iOS, it’s a major PITA that Apple’s genius idea of converting the home button functions, into a swiped bottom bar-line, obscure and render useless, the FF tools.

Happens when you expand the AUv3 plugin inside GarageBand iOS/iPadOS, and instead of being able to access the bottom line of important tools like output gain attenuation, or ‘Q’ alteration, etc, the daft Apple ‘action bar’ thingy obliterates the major part of these, for the middle 3 inches at the bottom of my mini-LED screen.

I don’t think it’s exactly FabFilter’s ‘fault’ that Apple did this without considering the implications, but neither do I expect they will alter their action-bar line. It seems like it wouldn’t be an issue for the FabFilter plug-ins if the tools could just be raised about 7mm or something on my ipad pro M1? It’s not my fault, but it’s my problem it seems, and the same applies to FabFilter.

I dearly wish there was still a Home Button like my old iPad Pro 2 had! But, like the top-notch issue, Apple just do this stuff. FWIW, my idea would be Apple fit an infra-red sensor pointing sideways on either the right or left (in landscape orientation) - then I could simply wave my hand past it like a swipe motion, and it would be as useful as the ‘action-bar’ at the bottom of the screen.

This bar is the bane of my iPad life - if I go to swipe away the GB app, it often grabs a song file and starts it up! It’s awkward, clunky, and deficient - yet still I find myself asking Fabfilter if YOU will make a mod to get around it! Sorry - my best, IRM/sleekitwan, UK.

sleekitwan

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll investigate.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: