FabFilter User Forum

Please bring fabfilter to avid S6L console

Hi I am a live sound engineer and it hurts my soul that I cant use SATURN live :( nothing I've found so far comes close.

Blair

Hi Blair,

Thanks for the request. We've seen a lot of request for our plug-ins on the HDX or S6L platform (which are basically the same). We've researched the option to make AAX DSP versions of our plug-ins when Avid released the new format in 2011. Unfortunately we came to the discovery that most of our plug-ins were simply too big to fit on the processing chips provided for AAX DSP plug-ins. Especially plug-ins like Pro-Q 3, Saturn 2 and Pro-MB have so much parameters and options that together with the analyzer would exceed the processing provided by the chips.

Adjusting the plug-ins to make them fit on the processors would be too much of a compromise in terms of functionality, sound or both. Another downside to make a downscaled DSP version would be compatibility and recalability between DSP and non-DSP systems. We were hoping that Avid would upgrade the processors used for the DSP of their HDX system so we could re-evaluate the option of getting on board, but seeing that they are using the same chips in the later Carbon hardware we do not see that happening any time soon.

Reply to this topic: