FabFilter User Forum

Plugin Request: ARA Pitch-/Spectral-Editor

Dear FabFilter Team,

this might be a bit of a bonkers request and I could very well understand if you'd ignore it, but as I've read through your Forum, I saw, that you are always very much engaged with your community so I might as well try.

Your portfolio of plugins covers a broad spectrum of Effects and even some Instruments, and since they are so effective in performance, workflow and time to learn, it is not only possible but a breeze to mix master and produce with them.
And since I and I'm sure many people as well are spoiled by this, it's those qualities, we start to miss in our advanced audio editing as well.

In this area your either at your DAWs mercy or can use Melodyne, Spectral Layers and maybe two others (hopefully with ARA integration).

And I know this kinda is personal preference, but I find neither workflow nor performance to really take of in those. (And that might have some other reasons, I don't know, since I am not really knowledgeable in terms of Audio Programming)

But to be honest, I see a big open spot for FabFilter to revolutionize the current workslow and turn it into a slick workflow (Sry for the bad pun).

Of course I have no Idea of how much work this would cost you and if it'd be even worth it for you to attempt it.
But I think, that if anyone can somewhat revolutionize in that area, It would have to be you.
And it is a pretty uncharted kind of plugin with lots of possibilities in my opinion.

Best regards
and keep up your awesome work!

Tiny

PS: Are you planning to support the new and (hopefully) upcoming clap format?

Tiny Trumpet

Hi!

We have received earlier requests to develop a pitch correction plug-in or advanced spectral editor. Even though we have dipped our toes in the rabbit hole called pitch shifting to add the Pitch effect in Timeless 3, there would be so much research needed to get up to par with specialized companies like Melodyne, iZotope or Antares. It would be really hard to beat the engines of these industry standards, which have been specializing in these products for years, if not decades. We'd rather spend our resources at developing plug-ins that we know we're good at. There are still so much other plug-ins or updates we would wish to release as well. That does not say that we will never ever release a pitch correction or spectral editor plug-in, but for the time being I would not count on it.

We have no immediate plans to support the Clap format just yet. However, when we see that the format is getting somewhere we will surely look into it.

Thank you for your fast answer.

Yeah I already thought, that this would be somewhat of a longshot of sorts.
But I also wanted you to know that there would be people, that'd be very interested on your take on this.
I certainly don't understand the full complexity of this and am very thankful for your reply and explanation.

But if you ever make such a plugin, I'll be very interested to say the least.

But I'm also stoked with anything you come up with, so just keep on doing your amazing work.

Because this is why we buy your plugins!

You are as responsive, fast, honest and nice as them.

Best regards and a big Thank You!

Tiny

Tiny Trumpet

Reply to this topic: