FabFilter User Forum

I can't get Volcano Envelope Generator to work

Hello,

I am adding Volcano 3 as an insert on a vst piano track (Native Instruments - The Gentleman).

No matter what input combinations I try (normal input, side chain, midi - thresholds) I can't get the envelope I am selecting to affect my audio signal.

I am using the demo version before I purchase. All I want to do is really use the envelope generator to add more release to my Piano VSTs.

Thank you!

vShannon

The Envelope Generator can be used to shape the modulation of certain parameters. Even though you can set the EG to modulate the input or output of Volcano 3, it can not really be used to lengthen the source material like the ASDR of a synthesizer. You can make it shorter of give it less attach, but you can't really add a lot more sustain.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Thanks for coming back!

Are you aware of any other plugins that would give me the possibility to extend the release of a piano VST?

vShannon

I suggest doing this at the source, which is the software instrument in this case. If this piano VST cannot give you a longer decay time you might want to look for one that does offer that functionality.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: