FabFilter User Forum

New computer and OS, no FF plug-ins loaded

So i've recently moved over from Mac to PC and when opening projects i'd created on the Mac on the new PC none of my fabfilter plug-ins are loaded in their respective slots but ALL other plug-ins are where they should be with settings intact

I can add them again if i choose, they are available to use but that's just adding a new effect unit which loses any automation or settings i might have done which as you can imagine (what with pro-q2 being my go to EQ unit) it's a huge PITA and something i want to avoid

i'm talking about pro-q2, volcano 2 and volcano 3 and yes, they were all 64 bit on the mac without a doubt (im using cubase and it hasn't accepted 32 bit plug-ins for a few versions now)

i've looked through the forums and found one other person who had the same issue but their thread just died with no update on whether they fixed the issue or not

any help with this will be greatly appreciated

adam bryant

Hi Adam,

Do you have both the VST2 and VST3 plug-ins installed on your PC? In Cubase, you should see e.g. EQ > Pro-Q 3 /// and Other > FabFilter Pro-Q 3 (this is the VST2 plugin). Can you load them as new inserts?

Pro-Q 2 and Volcano 2 are available for download here:
www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

thanks for the reply Frederik

i've just downloaded the latest versions from the site and made sure to install both and that seems to have fixed the problem....

not sure if the issue was because i was installing previous versions or i'd installed them to an incorrect folder or something but it's fixed and i'm very happy and relieved!!

thanks again!!!

adam bryant

Reply to this topic: