FabFilter User Forum

Volcano filter ordering

I wonder if there is any way to swap the filter ordering around in Volcano 3?

My use case is: I've added filter 1, dialled it (LP) in to taste, really happy with it. Now I've decided I want to route into a HP filter first. I can add filter 2 and route 1>2, but I can't do 2>1. I'm struggling to see how I can do this without deleting filter 1 and changing it around, which I don't want to do because it's already dialled in.

Anyone know how I can do this? Ideally I just want to be able to swap the filter numbers for the ordering and leave the rest as is....

BP

Hi BP,

At the moment it is not possible to change the serial routing in Volcano 3. Perhaps we will offer this option in the future if it is a significant request from our user base. We'll keep it in mind!

Maarten (FabFilter)

Thanks Maarten. Is there any workaround you'd suggest for my use case? E.g. is it possible to copy settings from one filter to another, or is it just a case of dialling everything in again?

I guess worst case I could always load up another instance of the plugin and change the ordering in my DAW to get the same effect?

BP

I also find myself mid-session wishing this feature existed. Ability to reorder would be appreciated.

Beaker

Yes, option to reorder the filters would be much appreciated.

Sarada

Reply to this topic: