FabFilter User Forum

Latest version Q3 crashing DDMF Virtual Audio Stream

Latest version Q3 crashing DDMF Virtual Audio Stream Effects Rack when opening Q3 gui (after saving and re-opening Effects Rack).Went back to previous version and it worked perfectly as before.

David Cohn

Hi David,

I've tried installing DDMF Virtual Audio Stream but did not get any crashes from either the Pro-Q 3.20 or 3.21 version. Is there a specific way to reproduce the crash?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello Frederik,

Cubase 12. Windows 10.

1. Create DDMF with an instance of Pro-Q3. Opening Q3 gui works fine.

2. SAVE configuration. Close and re-open Effects Rack. Opening Q3 gui crashes Cubase.

Works for me! lol. Thanks for taking a look.

David Cohn

I downloaded the demo but there doesn't seem to be any way to install a plugin version of the effects rack. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hey Frederik,

Ahhhh . . . yes . . . .Effects Rack isn't a plugin. It's actually part of Virtual Audio Stream by DDMF. It's basically a system wide audio driver (and effects rack) that allows you to insert VST's into your computers audio stream. For instance I have it set up to use Slate VSX (vst) which allows me to use VSX to listen to any audio running through the computer. Tidal, etc. I also have it set up to run an instance of Pro EQ3 on another stream.. Here is the web link:

www.virtualaudiostream.com

David Cohn

In that case, I was confused by your mention of Cubase 12, I thought you somehow opened the Effects Rack in Cubase. I did try the stand-alone Effects Rack and it didn't crash for me.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: