FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter Pro-Q 3 GUI still lagging with latest update on high refresh rate display

Since the update with the Pro-Q 3 that seems to have fixed choppy GUI on high refresh rate displays happened in Feb 15, it doesn't seem like it is actually working. I'm still getting less than 60fps on my 240hz display, unlike on my macbook where it shows silk smooth eq spectrums on the same update.

James Blake

Hi James,

Can you email us to give the specifics of your display and graphics card setup?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

i have the same problem as well. I have a 240hz monitor and all the fabfilter plugins are super choppy and laggy. They feel like 30 fps. I have a gtx 1080ti gpu. Does anyone in Fabfilter support have a fix for this?

ddj

Are you running Windows 11?

I found this fixed the issue for me with various apps (Ableton, Resolve and Fabfilter plugins) all feeling like they're running at sub 60fps.

1. Download DDUD www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html - This will completely remove your NVIDIA drivers, restart once its done and let windows automatically download the basic driver via updates.

2. Go to Settings > Game Mode > and turn off Game Mode

3. I think this one is the main culprit. Go to Settings > System > Display > Graphics > Default graphics settings and turn off hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and reboot.

Everything should be buttery smooth now! It certainly fixed the issue for me on my 180hz monitor.

Luke Bond

Certain DAWs such as Bitwig can still have lag issues, I think this is the way it handles plugins through sandboxing.

If you're still having issues with Fabfilter plugins in particular after trying what I suggested above, just disable hardware acceleration on Fabfilter plugins.

Click the Start button, type 'regedit', Enter to open the Registry Editor. (You might have to give permission to continue.) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FabFilter. Right-click and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it GraphicsAcceleration and ensure its value is 0.

Luke Bond

Reply to this topic: