FabFilter User Forum

System-Wide UI Freezes Since Update

Since the latest update I'm experiencing occasional system-wide UI freezes with some FF plugins in the latest version of Pro Tools. These may last a few seconds or they sometimes never recover, necessitating a hard reset. Cursor changes to beachball and the UI stops responding. Playback continues and background services seem to keep rolling, including EUCON. My EUCON meters keep updating. I can bank around the session and adjust faders but transport controls don't work.

I'll be rolling back to the previous version.

macOS 10.14.6
Pro Tools 2021.12.0.97
AMD RX590

Egon

Can someone guide me to the previous stable Total Bundle release?

Egon

In the meantime I've disabled graphics acceleration and so far no crashes but I'm not happy with the reduced smoothness from the UI. I'm still hoping to get my hands on the prior installer.

Egon

Hi Egon,

Could you send us an email so we can take a closer look at the issue?

I sent an email already on March 2.

Egon

Same here!!! Noticed this when I open Pro-Q3, everything freezes for 15-20sec while audio still playing.

Please if you have solution for this or where could I download previous version would be great. Thank you!

macOS 10.14.6
Ableton Live beta 11.1.5b2

Karolis

I spoke too soon. Still crashing my system with graphics acceleration disabled. Please, can I just get a link to the previous version? This is really messing with my ability to work.

Egon

I've emailed you both!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: