FabFilter User Forum

Twin 2 or 3 on iOS ?

I really love Twin 2 on Mac, and some AU plug-ins on iOS (Pro Q 3, Saturn 2, Timeless 3). So i wonder, is there a chance to see Twin 2 (or 3) on iOS ?

The GUI of the plug-ins is fully usable on the big iPad pro even if controls are quite small. So i supposed it would be the same for Twin that use the same widgets.

TychoMoon

Obviously this is still the missing link on iOS... we are working on it! :)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Excellent!!!

Beathoven

Really looking forward to that. Any rough ETA?

Shupper

Hello,

I was very surprised to see that Twin 2 is already available on iOs but only as part as Auria Pro. It means that the iOs code is already there. So why isn’t Twin 2 available as an AU plugin ??? A legal problem (exclusive rights for Auria editor) ? When can i expect to buy Twin on iOs app store ?

I use AUM and Garage band and have no need to get an additional DAW.

Regards,
pierre.

TychoMoon

Hi Pierre,

No legal issues are involved here -- it is simply the case that for AUv3, the interface needs to be fully resizable and it needs to work in a very small 1024x335 pixel area. We need to completely redesign Twin for this, so we have to wait for a new major version release.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for the answer. Searching on your web site I finally discovered an old post (www.fabfilter.com/forum/topic/2866/twin-2-in-auria-pro-enhancements) from... ...2016 talking about Twin2 in Auria. I hope the new version won't take that long !
I also looked for videos and that's true, the GUI of Twin 2 looks very small on iPad whereas on iPad Pro 12.9 it could have the same size as the Mac version (even in wide mode) on a iMac 21.5 retina. Which would be more usable.
There are quite a lot of software synths on iOs, I've tried many but in my opinion no one offers what Twin does. Some have more oscillators but no sync option and much less modulation capabilities. And the GUI of Twin is so good: you really see the signal flow and it does not try to mimic hardware.
So I'll be patient, but I hope I'll be able soon to use this great synth on the move on my tablet.

TychoMoon

Lets go! we need that Twin 2 Working on a ioS mac now!

abdias saloj

Reply to this topic: