FabFilter User Forum

Demo plugins

Just downloaded the demo plugins for logic 10.3.1 on a mac running el capitan.
Are these not compatible with older systems? Didn't install the vst folder at all.Checked website and installed downloaded and installed manually but they do not show up in audio units at all.Went to plugin manager and can see fabfilter but it shows 'Not Validated' What's going on?

Jon

I also get this error when trying to validate the plugin in Logic pro.

'auvaltool quit unexpectedly while using the FabFilter Pro-Q 3 plug-in.'

Jon

hi Jon,

I think we've been in touch over the email as well, correct? The latest versions of our plug-ins are not supported on El Capitan. Please use our previous installer:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/fftotalbundle_20211116.dmg

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Thanks Yes that was the problem. Demos now working.

Jon

Correction. Volcano having same problem when i installed it. Doesn't work, like its incompatible. Get an error pop up when launching Logic pro X when volcano installed. Plugin manager says Volcano 3.00 not authorized!

Jon

Hi Jon,

We have released an update for Volcano 3 already, could you see if this resolves the issue:

www.fabfilter.com/download

I notice in the custom installer that the volcano plugin for version 211116 that you sent me is already called 'Update' and not just install. Could this be the problem? I will also try your update link but wondering if its the same one?

Jon

Just to add, remember Im using an earlier version installer that you sent me as I am using el capitan OS and the newer version is not compatible.

Jon

The link you sent above does not offer volcano only download and the full package download is not compatible with my OS, that's why you sent me the previous version. Do you have a link to a volcano 2 plugin demo? anything that works with El capitan OS? Thanks

Jon

Ho Jon, you can download the previous version of Volcano 2 here:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/ffvolcano232.dmg

Reply to this topic: