FabFilter User Forum

More Multichannel Formats (Immersive)

Hi there,

it is amazing that e.g. the Pro-L2 already supports a channel configuration up to 7.1.2 for Dolby Atmos Beds.

However, other DAWs beneath the Pro Tools world support even larger busses for channel based immersive audio workflows. To give an example, it is very common to use busses up to 9.1.4 in Pyramix even thought they are later split into seperate objects for Dolby Atmos delivery.

Thus, it would be highly desirable to have bus formats like 7.1.4, 9.1.4, etc. also supported by the FabFilter plugins. Most important would be the Pro-Q3 and Pro-L2.

Is there any chance to see this in the near future?

Best,
Ephraim

Ephraim

I second this ! would be phenomenal to get this feature in an update. for imersive sound mixes it would be great !

fabfan

Hi guys,

... working on this! We will implement formats up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 for sure (for VST3 and AU, AAX/Pro Tools only seems to support up to 7.1.2, but correct me if I'm wrong!). Format 9.1.4... not sure yet: I'll look into it!

Floris (FabFilter)

That's great to hear!
J

Jan Christophersen

This is indeed great new, thanks a lot!
However, I'd like to insist in 9.1.4 for VST3: even thought this is not an Atmos Bed format, certain DAWs allow us these days to work in this bus configuration and rout the corresponding legs which go beyond 7.1 to static objects. Especially when working with acoustic music this is a very useful workflow and having FabFilter master Plugins (Especially L2, Q3) on such a bus would be the icing on the cake!

Thank you very much!

Ephraim Hahn

Hi, @Floris, Protools support bus routing up to Ambisonics 3rd order ! It could be amazing if you can support 16ch Ambisonics :)

thanks,

Rémi

Janot Rémi

that sounds great. 7.1.4 for atmos might be already a good step for many users.

fabfan

That sounds great.
7.1.4 for atmos might be already a great step for some users.

fabfan

Not that it matters for me right now, but opening Pro-L2 and Q3 in Logic 7.1.2 config doesn't work. Most likely because logic didn't support 7.1.2 when those two were released

Ploki

Hi,

Now you just upgraded the Pro Q for immersive sound up to Atmos, you should please consider to add the Ambisonics compatibility 1st order (4ch) 2nd (12ch) and 3rd (16ch) for the immersive audio community.
I saw on your news letter "extended Dolby Atmos support (up to 9.1.6)" so it's equal to 16ch ;)
It could be great to use your plugin for 3d sound.

thanks

Janot Rémi

Reply to this topic: