FabFilter User Forum

fabfilter pro-MB decay is plugin chain with maschine

Hi
Just purchased fabfilter pro-MB to use it with Maschine 2.14.2(R891).

I created a blank new project, put the metronome on, I loaded a kick in my sampler, added fabfilter pro-MB and a can hear a decay, the kick is no more synchromized with the metronome when fabfilter pro-MB in on. When I byppass it, the kick is correctly sync. Any Idea my friends ?

Jerem'

Maschine doesn’t have a plugin delay compensation, unfortunately, as it’s not really a DAW. Try using either zero latency mode in Pro-MB or use Maschine as a plugin in any DAW and add Pro-MB in the DAW and not in Maschine.

Sergey

Thank you Sergey for your advices and feedback. Zero latency mode has no effect. The decay is still there.

But indeed, using maschine as a plugin in Ableton is a better option. Gotta review and adapt my workflow.

But I guess, I gonna ask the question to NI support too because I can't understand this issue in Maschine, considering it as a Daw or not, Maschine is a VST host and should works like any other VST host software.

Jerem'

No problem Jerem’, I’ve been struggling with this as well. There’s already a thread on NI forum, it’s been there since 2015, NI team does not really care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Try also disabling a lookahead if it’s enabled on Pro-MB, in addition to zero latency mode.

Here’s a link to it: www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/plugin-delay-compensation-stand-alone.263770

Sergey

Reply to this topic: