FabFilter User Forum

Independent Dry Level control in Timeless 3?

How to I access and adjust the 'Dry Level' in Timeless 3 as compared to in Timeless 2, where it is clearly situated right above the 'Wet Level'. If it's something to do with the Wet Mix level, then I find that kind of

Also, perhaps it's just me, but I am finding some of your most recent updates' (namely, Timeless 3 and Saturn 2) especially with regard to their user interfaces (both the controls and modulation workflows), to be somewhat less intuitive and as easy to understand as their predecessors were.

Wondering if this 'more complex' approach is a trend that is going to continue in future, wherein your newer plugins updates' user interfaces controls become less obvious and user-friendly than their older versions were?

Thanks.

Edward

Hi Edward,

It's not possible to adjust the dry level besides using the Mix knob.

The biggest feedback we got on Timeless 2 was its steep learning curve, which even kept some people from using it. When we designed Timeless 3, it was one of the main goals to make it more intuitive and creative, and less technical to use, or less complex. We have received a lot of feedback that people like the new workflow of Timeless 3, even though some experienced Timeless 2 users also admitted that it took some time to get used to the new way of working.

In regards to Saturn 2, there is not a lot that changed workflow wise. All functions and buttons are still the same. We did update the modulation section, but besides a graphic overhaul (including the visualisation) and adding some additional features like the sliders, not a lot has drastically. In fact, we feel it only made the plug-in more friendly to use.

If there are any specific issues you find complicated we would of course love to hear.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: