FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter Pro-Q 3 Crashing DP sessions

Hi guys.

I have the newest version of DP and fabfilter plugins. For some reason on a particular session DP crashes when loading fabfilters. It only reopens without crashing when I delete my fabfilter plugins from my vst and au plugin folders. Otherwise even unenabling them in the preferences still causes a crash.

This is a huge bummer as I love the EQ and other plugins but they make my whole system crash and unable to open up tracks that are incredibly basic. Even the EQ just had a high and low pass.

Any ideas on how to help this?

Aldon Baker

Anyone have any ideas. Now all my sessions can't reopen that have pro q 3 on them.

Aldon Baker

Hi Aldon,

That is very strange. Can you send us a crash report and a small example session via email?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Trying to get in touch with you guys. It's a slow process and I really need this working as it's now crashing basically all projects. I keep submitting crash reports.

Aldon

The best result I've had so far is deleting the Pro Q 3 EQ and using another brands.

Aldon

Hi Aldon,

We would be more than happy to investigate this together and find a solution. But for that we need crash reports: the simple fact that Pro-Q crashes on your system doesn't tell us why this happens.

I see you've emailed us on March 4, but I see no other email from you. Can you please send us the crash report? So if you see the "Digital Performer has quit unexpectedly" dialog from macOS, click the Report button and copy/paste the report into your email. That would be really helpful.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

My gut feeling tells me Aldon clicks on “send report” when he gets the report. This sends it to Apple, not to Fabfilter:)

Bram

Hi Aldon,

I am running DP 10.13 here on MacOS 10.15.5 and have no issues with opening plug-ins. Could you send us one of your sessions that has this problem to info@fabfilter.com?

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: