FabFilter User Forum

ProR early reflections

As much as I love ProR, I really wish there was more control over the early reflections. I know the distance knob does effect them along with some other things, but a dedicated and more detailed section would be great. Same for the modulation. Full control over depth and rate with a few options of mod styles. Any chance of ProR2 is in the works, and are any of these things being considered?

I'd also love to see a full preset browser page as opposed to dropdown menus in all FF plugs. Dropdown menus are a pain, having to constantly navigate back to when browsing presets.

I love FF! I own most of the plugs.

Thanks -

jt

Hi Jt,

Thank you for your inquiry. We intentionally limited the options in Pro-R for both the early reflections, modulation possibilities and other optional parameters. As with all of our Pro plug-ins we try to strike a balance between intuitive control and flexibility (without compromising on good sound, of course). In our opinion, independent controls for early reflections does more harm than good as it is far too easy to make something sound strange and unnatural. Some people might want to tweak these parameters independently, but for that amount of control there are already other plug-ins around. :-)

As for the preset browser; That's an interesting point. We're playing with the idea to update this in the future, but are not settled on any concrete ideas yet. Again, there are many options to choose from... What kind of browsing features would you prefer? I'd be curious to hear your preferences for a preset browser.

Thanks in advance!

Maarten (Fabfilter)

I agree for the browser.
I’d also like to be able to quickly save snapshots and then to toggle between them.
Like with the altiverb plugin.

Cheers

Adrien

Reply to this topic: