FabFilter User Forum

Fabfilter Pro-Q 3 on PT 10?

can i use Fab pro q3 on PT 10? i have the q2 but i recive a sesion with the q3 im runing on osx 10.9.5

Abraham

Hi Abraham,

It depends in which version of Pro Tools you are using. Pro Tools 10 is a 32bit application. During its lifetime, Avid has changed their plug-in format from RTAS to AAX. Pro Tools 10 versions up to 10.3.4 are using 32 bit RTAS plug-ins only. From version 10.3.5 and up it also supports 32 bit AAX plug-ins.

Pro-Q 3 has never been released in the RTAS format, so if you are on version 10.3.4 or below you cannot use Pro-Q 3 on your system.

When you are using 10.3.5 or higher, you will need the 32 bit version of Pro-Q 3. Starting with Saturn 2 and the general update released last June, we have dropped 32 bit support on Macs. However, we have a dedicated 32bit Total bundle installer on our additional downloads page. This installer includes all our current plug-ins except Saturn 2 in both 32 and 64 bit. You can use this installer to get the latest 32 bit version of Pro-Q 3.

The 32 bit installer is only available for the Total bundle. However, during the installation you can customize which plug-ins you want to install, so you can install e.g. only Pro-Q 3.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi , i have read the message but i don’t find any total bundle installer 32 bits for mac , only for windows. Are they ?

Thank you

Zil

You can find the 32-bit Mac installer here among other legacy downloads:
www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: