FabFilter User Forum

Presets missing in Nuendo 10.3

Just installed FabFilter Total bundle. Plugins seem to work fine, but there are no presets to any of them visible in Nuendo 10.3 (fresh install).

I'm running a 2020 MBP with Catalina.

I can see all the .ffp files in my Library/Audio/Presets folder but they're not showing up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Harry

Hi Harry.

Are you using the preset manager of the plug-in itself instead of using the preset manager of Nuendo? Please note that the factory presets only appear in the preset manager found in the top bar of the plug-ins.

Please also make sure when manually installing the preset to put them in the user library, not the Macs main library. Since the user library is hidden by default, you can access it by holding the Option key while navigating to the "Go" menu in the top bar of the Finder. When holding the Alt key the Library will show up in the list.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi Ralph,

thanks for getting back to me.

I am only loading the presets through the plugin.

My Library is set to 'Read' for everyone and 'Read and Write' for me.

Could you clarify - baby steps - 'Please also make sure when manually installing the preset to put them in the user library, not the Macs main library'

Thank you for your time and help, it's much appreciated.

H

Harry

Hi Harry,

A Mac operating system has multiple libraries; one for the main system, and another one for each user. The FabFitler presets are stored in the user library.

When in Finder, please click the "Go" sub menu in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If it shows "Library" here, go ahead and click it, it should bring you to your user library. Is "Library" is not visible, please press and hold the option key. This should make the "Library" option visible in the "Go" menu.

Now navigate to Audio/Presets, where you should find the FabFilter presets. If they are not you can manually put them in this folder. Make sure to put them in a subfolder called FabFilter. Please also check the permissions of this folder.

Let me know if this solves your issue!

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: