FabFilter User Forum

C2 on Ableton - need to pull GUI up twice

Hi all.

Latest versions of Ableton Suite as on 9th September '20, Up-to-date with C2. Latest MacOS Catalina (previous versions of Catalina also had same problem described below)

Seems that the first attempt to pull up the C2 GUI, only shows half of the GUI. Closing and re-opening it, works OK.

Anyone else seeing similar?

Chris Turner

Hi Chris,

I've just checked here in our office, but I have been unable to reproduce the issue. Do you use VST2, VST3 or AU? Does it happen when you use different plug-in format as well?

Can you try if disabling graphic acceleration changes anything? Please see here:

www.fabfilter.com/support/faq/#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Graphics on FF plug ins give my machine huge problems. Pro Q3 will literally make my instance of Ableton show processor amounts well into the 180% range...screeching halt.

For Pro C2 specifically, when I first open it, it shows up with the GUI compressed into the lower left quarter of the plugin window, so there's this tiny micro GUI, and 3/4 of the rest of the plugin's window is black. When i move it to a second monitor (not my macbook's monitor) it'll snap to full shape.

I am running:

2015 MBP, 16GB RAM, i7, graphics card w/ 4gb graphics RAM
OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Ableton Live 10.1

Most updated versions of all FF plug-ins (freshly uninstalled and reinstalled them all)

David Elston

David, what are the resolution settings of your monitors?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

same problem here w re to FF wrong UI behavior (came here to specifically report). On PC Win10 Live 10, VST3, when Ableton's plugin scaling is set to off (so that everything is sharp), there's a big issue with q3, l2 etc.
I already reported ages ago to Ableton (L10-BUG-7193).
Don't know if FF can do something to expedite things :-)
It DOES work here when using the VST2 version, Ableton is not doing proper scaling for VST3 imho.

Markus Schlösser

just updated to the dec 8th version, scaling issues still very much present in Ableton.
Fine on non-hidpi screens, not ok on HiDPI screen. tested with q3, l2, r.
Plugin scaling in Live is OFF

Markus Schlösser

Hi Markus,

Can you send us a detailed report with screen shots via email, so we can look into this more closely?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: