FabFilter User Forum

Pro-Q 3 Bug... Projects open over night messes eq settings

Everytime i leave a project in Cubase open over night, the next morning some of my chanels have an extreme highpass or no sound at all, caused by Pro-Q 3 loosing its settings, even though the eq curve and points are still displayed correctly. Sound returns immediately for this band when a point is touched and moved on the spot. Saving or just Simply closing and reloading the project also restores the sound.
After a long idle time Pro-Q 3 seems to "forget" its settings...

Morphoice

Hi Morphoice,

We are aware of this issue in Ableton, which we are investigating. I have not heard about this before in Cubase. Could you tell us a little bit more about your system (OS, Cubase version, Pro-Q 3 version, etc)? We'll try to reproduce the issue.

Cheers, Ralph

Ralph (FabFilter)

Ahoi Ralph,
I'm using Cubase 10.5.12 Build 123 (latest) with Mac OSX 10.14.6, Pro-Q 3 Version is the latest i got from your website.

all the best

Morphoice

Can you send us a preset (Pro-Q 3 setting) that reliably reproduces this problem?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

I have been having this problem for a long time.

It used to be because I had both vst2 and vst3 version in use at the same time on my older machine. I have in the last 6 months had the same problem. Only vst3 installed but when I leave an Ableton set open at night and come back all Pro q3 settings have been reset the curves are there but I have to. To get them back I can go back to each track and move the eq curve slightly and the settings are restored. Its a real pain having to go through every track and make these changes. Its like it puts a high pass on it.

Using Ableton 10.3
Latest version of pro q3
Amd Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core
16GB 3600Mhz ram
1TB NVMe with 500GB free space

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Ian

We've fixed this problem in the latest plug-in updates.
www.fabfilter.com/download

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: