FabFilter User Forum

Unfair to pc users

I find it kind of messed up that you sell theauv3 versions for 30 bucks knowing full well that ios apps can be used on mac OS while pc users have to pay 150 (specifically pro q 3 ) I know this bc I have both I primarily use pc but own two macs and I thought you should know

David Megret

iOS apps can be used in macOS? I think you're living in the future man...

Martin

@Martin, it’s true you can use IOS apps on macOS.

Admins probably won’t see this though, they only reply to threads with repetitive questions that can be found in the FAQ; they don’t engage with the community otherwise. They don’t respond to suggestions, problems that can’t be found in the FAQ, feedback, or anything else of real value. It’s unfortunate because they stand in the way of their own growth.

Ibrahim

Nope it is not true. It will only happen once Apple Silikon macs are released. At the moment it's not possible unless you're a developer testing your own app.

Martin

Martin is right, iOS apps will only be able to be used on future Macs that use Apple Silicon (i.e. ARM) chips. We will not be making our AUv3 plug-ins for iOS available for Mac because we believe that they would not provide a good experience for Mac users. This looks more like a temporary solution for iOS developers that don't have native apps for the Mac.

Of course, we have fully-fledged native Mac plug-ins readily available and plan to add support for Apple Silicon Macs as soon as they're out. So to conclude, there is no difference between Mac and PC users.

@Ibrahim: I'm sorry to hear that you believe that we only respond to "easy" threads. We aim to respond to all forum threads where a response from us is needed, but sometimes we may overlook something. Please feel free to email us at any time if this happens.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: