FabFilter User Forum

No Fabfilter preset folder pro tools 2020.5 Mac OS Catalina

Installed all my FF products on a brand new Mac Pro 16 core Catalina 10.5.2 pro tools 2020.5
no presets folder for any of the plug ins found.
reinstalled still nothingto be found

Hunter Crowley

Hi Hunter,

Normally, a FabFilter plug-in will install its factory presets automatically when you run it for the first time. If the plug-in has failed to do so, and you only see an empty preset menu, please check the following:

First of all, open the plug-in in your DAW, click on the (empty) preset menu button and choose Options > Restore Factory Presets.

If this doesn't work, there is probably a permissions issue that prevents the plug-in from installing the factory presets. Open Finder and navigate to the /Users/<your user name>/Library/Audio folder, select the Presets folder and press Cmd+I. In the Sharing & Permissions section at the bottom, make sure you have 'Read & Write' permissions.

After you've corrected the permissions, open the plug-in again and choose Options > Restore Factory Presets again if needed. All presets should now be available.

Since OS X 10.7 (Lion), the user Library folder is marked as hidden by default. To make it visible again in Finder, open Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities) and enter: chflags nohidden ~/Library

If after this the presets still do not appear, you can install them manually. You can download them here:

www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads/factorypresets.zip

After downloading, please unzip and move them to the following folder:

Mac: User/Library/Audio/Presets/FabFilter/
Windows: My Documents\FabFilter\

If there is no such folder in the above location, please create one manually. Please note the 2 capital F's in FabFilter.

After this, reopen your DAW and they should appear in your plug-in.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: