FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q3 not playing back clips with clipgain

Protools issue with Pro Q3: I have an audio suite issue that's really hampering my workflow. They way I work I need to have my audio suite plug-in's set to "create individual files" & "clip by clip" so I can render the audio past it's handles. The issue I have is that because a lot of my clip have large amounts of clip gain they run through the plug-ins very quietly.

I can bring the clip gain up in the plug-in but that's not loud enough for me, some of these clips are +30dB.

Any one know how to make the Pro Q3 play audio back AFTER clip gain? Also the pre/post buttons do not help

I'm on PT 11

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately there is no way in Pro Tools to do any AudioSuite processing after clip gain processing. The only workaround I see is to first render all clip gain automation before applying AudioSuite processing.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi Kevin,

I stand corrected. After doing some more research it appears that AudioSuite plug-ins only process clip gain in the "Create continuous file" processing mode. In the other 2 modes it does not process clip gain. Unfortunately this is set in Pro Tools and not something we can do anything about.

Cheers,

Ralph (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: